So I've gotten lots of questions on the name that I settled on for my photography business.
Ruby Hill Photography
Why Ruby Hill? I'll try to explain my train of thought without losing anyone (a challenge, I know!).
1) Jennifer has to be one of the most common and generic names around. Therefore, I didn't want to use my name for my photography business. I wanted something a little more creative.
2) I tested out every photography related name I could think of by putting a .com behind it and found out that there are a ton of photographers out there that have taken up every good name in cyberspace.
3) My brother suggested Really Really Good Pictures and while that domain name is not taken, I thought it might sound a wee bit egotistical for a business!
4) I was looking for a name that was not baby or kid specific, but something that was cute, a little bit old fashioned, and fun. The name Ruby Hill came to me while I was strolling through the aisles of Target with my 4 year old who was temporarily rendered speechless thanks to the bag of popcorn we were sharing (what I won't do for a moment of peace!). I won't bore you with my train of thought as to how I arrived on the name, but Ruby Hill is what came to me walking through the towel aisle.
5) I love the color red and I love the name Ruby. I thought Ruby Hill was a name that would be easy to remember and it is what just kind of stuck in my brain.
So that, my dear friends, is how Ruby Hill Photography came to be. And I can't wait to see what it becomes!